Vegan Seitan Mix
Seitan mix from Anna & Arthur's.
Seitan, sometimes called wheat meat, is a wheat-based meat alternative, often used in place of chicken. It has a mild taste and a dense, sometimes chewy texture. Seitan is high in protein and some nutrients. It contains gluten so is not suitable for coeliacs or people suffering from gluten intolerance.
Make up Instructions
- Place mix in a bowl and add 2 tbsp olive oil and 375ml stock (we use vegan chicken flavour stock cubes)
- Mix all ingredients together to form a sticky dough.
- Flour surface and knead dough for a minute or so.
- Split into 6 equal sized pieces, wrap each piece in foil and steam for 30 Minutes.
- Seitan is now ready to be used in a variety of dishes to replace meat.
Wheat gluten (70.7%), Flour (16.1%) (Wheat), Nutritional Yeast flakes with B12 Marigold (8.6%), Salt (2%), Garlic (1.2%), Dried onions (0.9%), Paprika (0.43%)
Allergins: Contains Wheat, Gluten